Tuesday, April 8, 2008

YAY ......10k


YAY....I completed my first 10k . I was scared to run this long, since it was at this milestone when I injured myself last year. However, when I saw CARA's training schedule for spring (NORTH SHORE) half marathon, I was already on their week 3 plan. SO...I decided to take it up a notch today, and put aside my fears. I completed the 10k run in 1 hour and 6 minutes. Hopefully, I haven't injured myself. While running I was alright, no pain, but will get to know tomorrow or day after if the ITB issue has come back.

BTW I need to place a hit on Murphy. Since Murphy's Law is always, always true for these weather.com people when it comes to rain or snow forecast, I trusted it. Before going out to run today at work, I checked the weather.com forecast. It predicted thunderstorm and 70% chance of rain. However, when I looked out, it was cloudy but clouds were not dark enuf, so I thought eh..according to Murphy's Law...since they predicted rain....there is gonna be no rain.
(dont believe me.... click on I DON'T BELIEVE MURPHY'S APPLIES TO WEATHER FORECAST.)
In the 4th mile of my run, Murphy double crossed me and it started raining, so I had to "run" inside. (I love the pun on the run..haha thats a pun in itself). Anyhoo, I am sick & tired of Murphy's Law. SO, I am gonna call into the "Jesus and pals" tomorrow during south park's new episode and place a hit on Murphy or may be catch God and Jesus at the bar at southpark after the show and see what can be done about this Murphy guy (truely he is getting on my nerves).
Waiting impatiently for tomorrow.
DFG

No comments: