Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere.

Men have been running, since 10, 000 B.C ;) or may be since 1994 (the year Forrest Gump was released). I have been running since ..mmm..lets see...may be right after I could walk comfortably...so....it would be 1986. Walking/running/biking was fun but only as child. As I grew older, the fun part vanished , coz now I was doing it as means of commuting. But I think I have come a long way in life (from Sukhna lake to Lake Michigan) where running and biking is fun again. I started (self) training for Chicago Marathon in early spring 2007, however because of my IT Band issues, I had to switch to playing B'ball and biking. This year I am planning to run the Chicago Half Marathon. I just ran the BOA Shamrock Shuffle 8k this weekend. I never thought I could run 5 miles at a stretch. Well, as "Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere." These shoes took me to from the start line to finish line in 53mins and 11sec.
Lets see where they take me now.

Pix from BOA Shamrock Shuffle Website: http://www.shamrockshuffle.com/CMS400Min/photo_gallery.aspx?id=4857
"Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but I could run like the wind blows. From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running! "- Forrest Gump

No comments: