Sunday, April 6, 2008

Eat, Drink and Be Merry!!!!


Sometimes I take benefit of doubt. I get myself to drink an extra beer on Saturday night coz I will be running on Sunday morning, and then make myself eat an extra pancake right after the Sunday run. Since I convince myself that I am burning extra calories, I get my self into eating more. However, after eating more than I should, I go on a guilt trip. Then to come back from my guilt trip, I use my stats class to prove to myself that 2000 calories a day is just an average. It doesn't tell anything about distribution and median. May be the data is skewed. I start believing that runners "need" more food. I start to defend my extra eating and drinking by believing that coz I ran beyond my goal today I should be merry, I have ran hard to deserve it.
I don't know if its OK to be eat, drink and be merry, just coz I am running. I will sleep over it, but first I need to finish this Samosa I have been holding in my hand since I started writing this post.

No comments: